60+ minutes of strictly the realest. Footage stockpiled from late 1996 to 2004. Total over 230 hours of raw footage. Tricks & stunts from all 7 of my prior full release’s to date, as well as current, and old unseen footage. Put in sections seperated by skater to get a feel for their style and progression over the years. Plus a few sections from some very promising young guns. - Beau Cottington (2004).
Sections - PLAY:
Louis Zamora |
Brian Hamm |
Mike Albritton & Troy White |
Brent Hicks & Chris Haffey |
Rob Thompson |
TJ Webber |
Blake Dennis & Santiago Azpurua |
Abdiel Colberg |
Brandon Campell & Tristan Feerey |
Tory Treseder & Jimmy Shuda |
Robert Guerrero & Beau Cottington |
Mike MURDA Johnson & Dre Powell |
Dominic Sagona |
Cory Casey |
Jon Elliott |
Brian Shima |
Eric Schrijn |
Eric Perkett |
Playlist on Youtube.
Montages - PLAY:
- Montage 1 with Bruno Loewe, Marc Dubied, Jona Messerli, Kato & Chris Haffey.
- Montage 2 with Matt Mantz, Champion Baumstimler, Joe Tan, Jason Marshall, Shayne Skowers, Vinny Minton, Billy Prislin & Dustin Latimer.
- Montage 3 with Erik Burke, Josh Clarke, Cory Donohoe, Dominic Wagner, Charles Dunkle, Christian Rodriguez, Matt Morrisson, Josh Petty, Walt Austin, Sam Davis, Chris Lapenta, Chris Haffey, Billy Prislin, Bruno Loewe, Jon Bergeron, Erik Bailey, Dustin Latimer, Hoang Phung, Marc Dubied, Oscar Colmanero, Micah Yeager, Mike Spring, Dustin Halleran, Carlos Ibanez, Tomas Banuelos, Beau Hale, Champion Baumstimler, Dominic Sagona, Jason Marshall, John Starr, Billy O’Neill, Omar Wysong, Jon Elliott & Ian Brown.
Respect (2004) by Beau Cottington, a retrospective remix from almost a decades’ worth of raw footage tapes. Released in 2004, with an original skater-produced soundtrack.
Written and directed by industry pioneer Arlo Eisenberg, edited by rollerblading’s most influential filmmaker Joe Navran (FOR II, Elements, Coup De Tat) and produced by Mindgame’s Shane Coburn, “What Do You Believe In?” set out to completely re-imagine what a rollerblading video could be.
“What Do You Believe In?” features five of the brightest stars in rollerblading: Brian Shima, Jon Elliott, Josh Petty, Rachard Johnson, and Jaren Grob. The video focuses on their skating, which is some of the best ever captured on film, but it is complemented by a surreal story line which weaves in and out of their sections.
“What Do You Believe In?” is not a narrative story in the conventional sense, nor is it a standard skate video neatly divided into rider’s sections. It is a low budget, experimental, artistic interpretation of skating that does not merely break all of the rules but seems to be completely unaware of them altogether.
The skating alone would rank “What Do You Believe In?” among the best videos ever made, but add to that its artistic vision and its fearless conviction to add something completely new to the rollerblading landscape and what you’ve got is an instant classic. “What Do You Believe In?” is a landmark video and a must have for any rollerbladers collection.
- Intro: Joy Division – Ceremony.
- Brian Shima 1: My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - A Daisy Chain for Satan.
- Brian Shima 2: Ozzy Osborne – I Just Want You.
- Rachard Johnson 1: Hi Tek – Scratch Rappin.
- Rachard Johnson 2: Trick Daddy – I’m a Thug.
- Josh Petty 1: Kurupt ft. Daz, Roscoe, Jayo, Bad Azz: Who Ride Wit’ Us (remix).
- Josh Petty 2: N/A.
- Josh Petty 3: Pink Floyd – The Nile Song.
- Jon Elliot: Samhain – Let the Day Begin.
- Jaren Grob: Metallica – Orion.
- Credits: – Out of Sync.
1999: Wasteland, a Brian Smith Film. This epic skate video is much more than just your regular skate video its more like a cinematography film with the acting of the SoCal Crew.
Music: “Hotel California” by Eagles.
Sections: Jon Elliott (2:40), Omar Wysong (8:00), Friends (12:30), Brian Shima (17:36), Falls (24:50), Dustin Latimer (29:55), Aaron Feinberg (40:10). Also featuring: Arlo Eisenberg, Robert Lievanos, Brooke Howard Smith, BJ Bernhart, Eric Schrijn, Fridolin Eelbo, Louie Zamora, Murda, Dom Sagona and many more.
Soundtrack Listing (courtesy of Rollingvideos)
- Intro: DJ Shadow – What Does Your Soul Look Like (pt.2)
- Jon Elliott: Pink Floyd – Time
- Omar Wysong: Krayzie Bone feat. Snoop Dogg – The War iz On
- Friends: Michael Jackson – Billy Jean
- Brian Shima 1: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Last Dance w/ Mary Jane
- Brian Shima 2: Nirvana – Something in the Way
- Crashes: Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes
- Dustin Latimer 1: Cirque Du Soleil – Rumeurs
- Dustin Latimer 2: Cirque Du Soleil – Ombra
- Aaron Feinberg: Foreigner – Juke Box Hero