Truspin Podcast by Steve Johns: A deep dive into the lives and careers of past and future Bladers. We will talk about all things Rolling and what is happening in their lives currently. Soundcloud, Stitcher, Libsyn, Itunes.
Podcast 01: Kruise Sapstein - Link on Libsyn.com
This episode we talk to Kruise Sapstein. Kruise is a native Chicago area transplant to California. Moving out in the late 2000s to pursue the blading dream in Southern California Dream and life style. You have seen him Regardless, Valo V and a bunch of Edits. First skating with Remz then to Valo. He’s a skilled blader and a rad designer.
We talk about skating styles, OG Remz, Valo, Why Midwest transplants to California are the Best, the Southern California blade scene, Ride Them, Espionage, Mindgame, Tribe Dist. and his design career.
Podcast 02: Marcus Benavides - Link on Libsyn.com
Marcus Benavides has been a inline skater for many years. Hailing from Moreno Valley he brings skill and style. I catch up with him and talk about all things in his blading past, blading future and other topics we side track into. We talk about history, blade tech, current state of the union and working for your royales. Enjoy!
Matthias Knoll is a 48 year old german who started racing on roller skates at the age of 6, in 1989 after the death of his father he started selling skate products on the back on his car to make money to survive an din 1994 started his own distribution company.
The name of this company was Powerslide and since then they never stop investing in the inline skating market. Powerslide is a skate brand but this group also owns brands like USD, Xsjado, Doop, Matter wheels, Undercover wheels, Wicked Bearings, MyFit Liners, Kizer frames, and a few others.
Hope you enjoy the 80 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017. PLAY.
Arlo Eisenberg was once dubbed the face and voice of his generation and his story sounds like the best 90’s movie that was never made. Arlo, the punk rock kid from Texas drops out of the University of Texas and moves to California to become a star in a sport that isn’t really a sport yet. He arrives on Venice Beach, gets “found” and blows up to be a global sensation who lives a life that is every 13 year old’s fantasy. Along the way he stirs up a national controversy, hosts the X-Games and rides off into a world of graphic design. - Michael Powell.
Check the podcast on Thepowellmovement.com.
I’m honored to have been interviewed for Michael Powell’s “The Powell Movement” podcast. We went pretty deep into the history books for this one, like all the way back to how my parents met and what I was doing before I discovered rollerblades. But it really does give some insight into the very early days of rollerblading and my career. Enjoyed the chat very much. Hope you enjoy it as well. - Arlo Eisenberg.
Ricardo Lino gets up at 5AM to give his honest feelings on rollerblading vs inline skating, UFS, Winterclash, the Trimax frame, Aeons, his background, how we met, Wizard frames, his relationship with MyFit/ Powerslide and some touching words about his late friend Carlos Alexandre. Podcast on Soundcloud.
Carter LeBlanc talks Chance of Rain 2 & Dead Video. PLAY.
Mushroomblading.com started to re-upload some of their old classic podcasts on Youtube. Here is the #186 featuring Jon Julio. The podcast was recorded in 2014.
Jon Julio(/tags/jon-julio) and Todd McInerney talk about Volume, ASA 96, Valo, USD, Coup Da Tat, Blading Cup, lines, and so much more! PLAY (.mp3 download).
Alex Broskow’s life is full of juxtapositions. From dropping out of high school and moving into the dorms of the University of Kansas to being an athlete who is looked at as one of the best to ever participate in his sport… But couldn’t afford groceries.
This rare interview dives deep into the world of skating, travel and all that comes with being a pro athlete (minus money).
Check the podcast on Thepowellmovement.com.
Tom Hyser is a product designer, Marketing manager and team manager of Rollerblade Inline Skates Brand. In this Skate Talk you’ll get to know a bit more about the man behind brands like K2 skates, Skatepile, Fiziks frames, Epoch frames AND Rollerblade. Hope you enjoy the 107 minute talk with one of the most influential skating individuals in 2017. - Ricardo Lino.
- 01:25 - rollerblading or inline skating?
- 02:05 - Who’s Tom Hyser? For how long have you been skating?
- 08:30 - How did you got into K2 Skates ? K2 Fatty’s ?
- 11:19 - getting payed 5K per month to skate at 22
- 17:50 - How did Skatepile started and why it ended
- 19:41 - FIZIKS frames problem
- 24:50 - What happened to Epoch Frames?
- 27:50 - Ford or Rollerblade?
- 30:20 - Rollerblade First Big Wheels UFS frames
- 31:05 - Your first opportunity to make an hard boot skate
- 33:00 - Skate brands trying something new.
- 34:50 - blank WARLOCK concept skate
- 37:20 - Richie Eisler 125 skates idea made by ROCES
- 38:50 - “If we keep fighting instead of supporting each other..”
- 40:55 - What do you think of the whole big wheel thing?
- 43:45 - Did k2 had Roller Skates?
- 47:45 - Tim Robot from backjack project tour with VANS
- 49:20 - They avoid skating when they get famous
- 50:33 - Some aggressive skaters should be doing freeskate promo videos
- 52:05 - Just look at it as someone who doesn’t skate
- 55:14 - Greg Mirzoyan
- 57:56 - I wanted to modify Sven frames for FISE
- 59:19 - Skaters need to understand why rollerblade lost their BEST TEAM.
- 1:02:22 - Andy Kruse was on a whole different level of creativity
- 1:04:10 - what do you think of skate competitions?
- 1:05:02 - what do you think about Winterclash?
- 1:06:20 - Pro with the a Bad attitude
- 1:10:10 - You can be a really good skater without challenging life
- 1:12:35 - Is there any skater getting payed 1500 US dollars Right now?
- 1:14:00 - When is skating coming back, and what do we need to do for that to happen?
- 1:21:07 - the FIRS Skating Marathon World Championships.
- 1:23:50 - Rollerblade Team
- 1:26:50 - A Big Group of cool dudes used to make fun of David Sizemore
- 1:27:30 - David Sizemore on VALO
- 1:29:00 - New Rollerblade Skates?
- 1:35:26 - Rollerblade 2017 Video Projects
- 1:36:40 - What happened with Matthias Ogger?
- 1:40:30 - Who was the best skater you ever worked with?
- 1:42:20 - What is your favourite skate product on the market right now?
Spellcaster (Soundcloud) is a series of discussions with innovative rollerbladers, exploring blade tech, mods and the characters involved. Tom Mosher (Toronto, Canada) released the episode #3 of his podcast featuring Leon Basin, the owner of Task Shop & creator of the Wizard Frames.
Episode 3 with Leon Basin - Leon gives his candid opinion on various rocker options, his Wizard frames, three wheel skates, Aeons, Xsjado, Seba, Inline vs Rollerblading, Shop Task, skiing, Warlock prototype, Crashed Ice tricks, Sam Crofts, Anthony Pottier, AJ Delong, the history of Big Wheel skating among many other things!
More Episodes on Soundcloud.com/spellcasterrollerblading.
Mushroom Blading started to re-upload some of their old classic podcasts on Youtube. Here is the #185 featuring Colin Kelso. The podcast was recorded in 2014 (Mp3 download).
Colin Kelso and Todd McInerney talk about ego destruction, Brian Shima, thread the needles and much more!
Olga Bouwhuis and Pieter Wijnant are the owners of Adapt brand. Adapt is a inline skating brand handmade in Holland. Hope you enjoy this 66 minute talk with the two owners of this unique brand who wants to reduce the number of skates sold and improve the quality of their customers.
- 01:25 - it all started as a love story.
- 05:33 - freestyle blading, rollerblading or inline skating?
- 07:53 - traded Belgium for Holland.
- 08:05 - End of Forward Freestyle
- 10:40 - “I was encouraged by my mom to skip school and skate if the weather was good.”
- 12:30 - Called Olga and told her about a Dream to make a skate and had a name..
- 17:20 - we are 2 handshakes away from every other skater.
- 20:06 - Lino and Pieter were speed skaters.
- 21:22 - rollerblade twister boot
- 23:00 - 4 screws frame mounting system
- 28:55 - New adapt secret skate project
- 30:02 - Adapt goal.
- 30:20 - making skates more expensive
- 32:53 - Adapts for slalom
- 35:25 - How Lino plans his days
- 36:52 - Olga’s main role
- 39:10 - I’m a full time chef
- 41:20 - Adapt Team video
- 45:10 - Mike Lilly and actual Adapt Team
- 48:10 - Fake but funny advertise break
- 58:30 - Randy spizer and Louie Zamora had Adapt Skates.
- 59:37 - Nick Labarre
- 1:00:44 - Julian Bah
- 1:03:27 - New Hyper Skates vegan
- 1:05:12 - should we make a geeky part 2 or not?