One of the top 5 most revolutionary videos in rolling. This video paved the way for a a lot of what you see in skating today. It’s edited to perfection as well as skating to match. A sure classic. Featuring Brian Shima, Kevin Gillan, Josh Petty, Jeff Fredrick, Champion Baumstimler, Dustin Latimer, Jon Julio and Friends.
Brian Shima |
Kevin Gillan |
Josh Petty |
Jeff Frederick |
Champion Baumstimler |
Dustin Latimer |
Jon Julio |
Brian Shima 2 |
- Intro: Pink Floyd – Is Anybody Out There?
- Brian Shima 1: Blackstar f. Common – Respiration.
- Kevin Gillan: Aphrodite – Ready or Not Jungle Remix.
- Josh Petty: Dilated Peoples – The Platform The Platform.
- Jeff Frederick: Jeru the Damaja – One Day.
- Champion Baumstimler: Pink Floyd – Another Brick in the Wall.
- Dustin Latimer: Metallica – No Leaf Clover S & M.
- Jon Julio: Xzibit – At the Speed of Life.
- Brian Shima 2: Smashing Pumpkins – Today.
- Friends: Santana – Put Your Lights On.
- Credits: Blackalicious – Deception.
Written and directed by industry pioneer Arlo Eisenberg, edited by rollerblading’s most influential filmmaker Joe Navran (FOR II, Elements, Coup De Tat) and produced by Mindgame’s Shane Coburn, “What Do You Believe In?” set out to completely re-imagine what a rollerblading video could be.
“What Do You Believe In?” features five of the brightest stars in rollerblading: Brian Shima, Jon Elliott, Josh Petty, Rachard Johnson, and Jaren Grob. The video focuses on their skating, which is some of the best ever captured on film, but it is complemented by a surreal story line which weaves in and out of their sections.
“What Do You Believe In?” is not a narrative story in the conventional sense, nor is it a standard skate video neatly divided into rider’s sections. It is a low budget, experimental, artistic interpretation of skating that does not merely break all of the rules but seems to be completely unaware of them altogether.
The skating alone would rank “What Do You Believe In?” among the best videos ever made, but add to that its artistic vision and its fearless conviction to add something completely new to the rollerblading landscape and what you’ve got is an instant classic. “What Do You Believe In?” is a landmark video and a must have for any rollerbladers collection.
- Intro: Joy Division – Ceremony.
- Brian Shima 1: My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult - A Daisy Chain for Satan.
- Brian Shima 2: Ozzy Osborne – I Just Want You.
- Rachard Johnson 1: Hi Tek – Scratch Rappin.
- Rachard Johnson 2: Trick Daddy – I’m a Thug.
- Josh Petty 1: Kurupt ft. Daz, Roscoe, Jayo, Bad Azz: Who Ride Wit’ Us (remix).
- Josh Petty 2: N/A.
- Josh Petty 3: Pink Floyd – The Nile Song.
- Jon Elliot: Samhain – Let the Day Begin.
- Jaren Grob: Metallica – Orion.
- Credits: – Out of Sync.
Cause it’s all about Fruit. A film by Joe Navran. A Future Prospects Production, starring Vinny Minton, Rachard Johnson, Franky Morales, Brandon Campbell, Brian Aragon, Omar Wysong, Ranier Piramide, and Carlos Pianowski (2003).
Music: 50 cent & G-unit - Bad News.
Filmed and edited by Joe Navran (Future Prospect Productions).
With profiles on Franky Morales, Jimmy Shuda, Abdiel Colberg and Rachard Johnson. Featuring people such as Brian Shima, Dustin Latimer, Josh Petty, Dominic Sagona, Tat Nasu, Shayne Skowers and many others.
Artwork by Arlo Eisenberger.
“Skating has to mature and grow, which it hasn’t. It has regressed.” — Beau Cottington.
Joe Navran’s 1998 video: “Future of Rollerblading” featuring Erik Burke, Robert Lievanos, Dustin Latimer, Josh Clarke, Jason Marshall, John Starr, Brian Shima, Pat Lennen, Matt Andrews, and “Future Prospects”: John Glynn, Kevin Gillan, Billy Prislin, Pat Milbery, and more… This video inspired A LOT of people to make their own blade flicks.
Youtube Mirror. Cover & video courtesy of Oneblademag.com.