60+ minutes of strictly the realest. Footage stockpiled from late 1996 to 2004. Total over 230 hours of raw footage. Tricks & stunts from all 7 of my prior full release’s to date, as well as current, and old unseen footage. Put in sections seperated by skater to get a feel for their style and progression over the years. Plus a few sections from some very promising young guns. - Beau Cottington (2004).
Sections - PLAY:
Louis Zamora |
Brian Hamm |
Mike Albritton & Troy White |
Brent Hicks & Chris Haffey |
Rob Thompson |
TJ Webber |
Blake Dennis & Santiago Azpurua |
Abdiel Colberg |
Brandon Campell & Tristan Feerey |
Tory Treseder & Jimmy Shuda |
Robert Guerrero & Beau Cottington |
Mike MURDA Johnson & Dre Powell |
Dominic Sagona |
Cory Casey |
Jon Elliott |
Brian Shima |
Eric Schrijn |
Eric Perkett |
Playlist on Youtube.
Montages - PLAY:
- Montage 1 with Bruno Loewe, Marc Dubied, Jona Messerli, Kato & Chris Haffey.
- Montage 2 with Matt Mantz, Champion Baumstimler, Joe Tan, Jason Marshall, Shayne Skowers, Vinny Minton, Billy Prislin & Dustin Latimer.
- Montage 3 with Erik Burke, Josh Clarke, Cory Donohoe, Dominic Wagner, Charles Dunkle, Christian Rodriguez, Matt Morrisson, Josh Petty, Walt Austin, Sam Davis, Chris Lapenta, Chris Haffey, Billy Prislin, Bruno Loewe, Jon Bergeron, Erik Bailey, Dustin Latimer, Hoang Phung, Marc Dubied, Oscar Colmanero, Micah Yeager, Mike Spring, Dustin Halleran, Carlos Ibanez, Tomas Banuelos, Beau Hale, Champion Baumstimler, Dominic Sagona, Jason Marshall, John Starr, Billy O’Neill, Omar Wysong, Jon Elliott & Ian Brown.
Respect (2004) by Beau Cottington, a retrospective remix from almost a decades’ worth of raw footage tapes. Released in 2004, with an original skater-produced soundtrack.
Dustin Latimer and Chad Hornish skating at KTR Mesa skatepark in Mesa, AZ on 4/26/18. Filmed & edited by Ryan Buchanan.
Your style was always beyond time. You included your own comment and opinion to inline skate. How the Latimer’s style was formed? In generally, how would you define your style?
When I started there were only frontsides, so that’s all we did. Then I saw a soul grind, so that’s all that was done. We perfected our ideal image of each trick, rather than spreading ourselves thin trying everything in the book. Before even tricks we were skating backwards around cones, being comfortable in any direction. There was no book then. When it all progressed I looked up to the likes of Chris Edwards, Arlo, TJ Webber, Earnie Villarino, ETc for the elements I liked and tried to mimic. Of course over time I just let all those elements marinate into what I was, and so I became. […]
Full Dustin Latimer’s Interview on Patende.com.
One of the top 5 most revolutionary videos in rolling. This video paved the way for a a lot of what you see in skating today. It’s edited to perfection as well as skating to match. A sure classic. Featuring Brian Shima, Kevin Gillan, Josh Petty, Jeff Fredrick, Champion Baumstimler, Dustin Latimer, Jon Julio and Friends.
Brian Shima |
Kevin Gillan |
Josh Petty |
Jeff Frederick |
Champion Baumstimler |
Dustin Latimer |
Jon Julio |
Brian Shima 2 |
- Intro: Pink Floyd – Is Anybody Out There?
- Brian Shima 1: Blackstar f. Common – Respiration.
- Kevin Gillan: Aphrodite – Ready or Not Jungle Remix.
- Josh Petty: Dilated Peoples – The Platform The Platform.
- Jeff Frederick: Jeru the Damaja – One Day.
- Champion Baumstimler: Pink Floyd – Another Brick in the Wall.
- Dustin Latimer: Metallica – No Leaf Clover S & M.
- Jon Julio: Xzibit – At the Speed of Life.
- Brian Shima 2: Smashing Pumpkins – Today.
- Friends: Santana – Put Your Lights On.
- Credits: Blackalicious – Deception.
Todd McInerney and Joey Mcgarry watch the 2003 rollerblading video Words by Dustin Latimer and Shane Coburn.
Mindgame Words, Full Video: PLAY | Soundtrack’s Listing.
“Skating has to mature and grow, which it hasn’t. It has regressed.” — Beau Cottington.
Joe Navran’s 1998 video: “Future of Rollerblading” featuring Erik Burke, Robert Lievanos, Dustin Latimer, Josh Clarke, Jason Marshall, John Starr, Brian Shima, Pat Lennen, Matt Andrews, and “Future Prospects”: John Glynn, Kevin Gillan, Billy Prislin, Pat Milbery, and more… This video inspired A LOT of people to make their own blade flicks.
Youtube Mirror. Cover & video courtesy of Oneblademag.com.
Sections: Jon Elliott (2:40), Omar Wysong (8:00), Friends (12:30), Brian Shima (17:36), Falls (24:50), Dustin Latimer (29:55), Aaron Feinberg (40:10). Also featuring: Arlo Eisenberg, Robert Lievanos, Brooke Howard Smith, BJ Bernhart, Eric Schrijn, Fridolin Eelbo, Louie Zamora, Murda, Dom Sagona and many more.
Soundtrack Listing (courtesy of Rollingvideos)
- Intro: DJ Shadow – What Does Your Soul Look Like (pt.2)
- Jon Elliott: Pink Floyd – Time
- Omar Wysong: Krayzie Bone feat. Snoop Dogg – The War iz On
- Friends: Michael Jackson – Billy Jean
- Brian Shima 1: Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Last Dance w/ Mary Jane
- Brian Shima 2: Nirvana – Something in the Way
- Crashes: Mott the Hoople – All the Young Dudes
- Dustin Latimer 1: Cirque Du Soleil – Rumeurs
- Dustin Latimer 2: Cirque Du Soleil – Ombra
- Aaron Feinberg: Foreigner – Juke Box Hero